The locomotives of the class D VI were wet
steam locomotives of the Bavarian State Railways. Maffei delivered from
1880 to 1883, the first 30 locomotives, 23 other Krauss delivered until
1894. Unusual was the arrangement of the sand boxes below the tread
plate between the driving axles. The first 44 locomotives had no lateral
reservoir. The water was placed in a box under water, the coal in the
cab. The last nine locomotives were however short reservoir on both
sides ahead of the cab. This increased the water supply of 1.8 to 2.3 m
and the carbon stocks of 0.5 to 0.8 t. The DRG took over in 1925 as a
series 98.75 or 26 vehicles, including five with lateral reservoirs.
They were retired by the end of the 1920s and sold partly as a working
locomotive. The former locomotive No. 83 "mountain" (DRG 98 7508) was
recently used in a peat works in Raubling, Upper Bavaria, and in 1964
removed from service. She was purchased in 1966 by the DGEG and is now
in DGEG-Neustadt railway museum (wine road).